VITEEE 2016 Counselling – VITEEE counselling is held at for admissions in the B.Tech programmes offered at the Vellore and Chennai campus of the VIT university based on the VITEEE results 2016. VITEEE counselling 2016 is expected to be held in the second week of May, 2016. For further details candidates are requested to visit the official website of VIT i.e. Vit.ac.in. Counselling for the admission of students is done on the basis of ranks obtained by the candidates in VITEEE 2016. Counselling is conducted phase wise and the dates for the different phases of counselling are declared by VIT University online.
Refer below or more information related to VITEE 2016 counselling
VITEEE 2016 counselling procedure:
Counselling procedure of VITEEE 2016 will include the following steps:
- Candidates have to register themselves online for counselling.
- Candidate has to be present at the centre in person for counselling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by VIT University about their counselling schedule through SMS. All the details will be published on the Website of VIT University.
- Candidates must submit their choice of counselling centre two days before the counselling starts.
- Vacant seats of both the campuses will be displayed on the website and the notice board at the counselling centre.
Document required at the time of counselling:
Candidates with rank starting from 1 to 20000 must get the below documents verified. Candidates should carry the photocopy and originals of the documents listed.
- VITEEE 2016 E-Admit Card
- Counselling Admit Card
- Recent Passport size colour photos
- Class 12th Hall Ticket
- Marks sheet of qualifying examination
- Class 10th certificate or any other document to verify date of birth
- Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate/School Leaving Certificate
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and North Eastern states must have nativity certificate
- SC/ST Community Certificate
- Student Profile filled by the student
- Demand Draft drawn in favour of “VIT University
Seat or Branch Allocation for VITEEE counselling:
- Allocation of the seat/branch, will be done as per the All India Ranks (AIR) of the shortlisted candidates in VITEEE 2016 and also according to the availability of the seats.
- Details of the various branches offered and the number of seats available for each branch will be displayed at the counselling centre.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to be present physically for the counselling. Failure to report in person for the counselling will result in the forfeiture of the candidate’s claim to the seat.
- However, due to unforeseen reasons, if the candidate is unable to report for the counselling can attend the counselling on a subsequent date after intimating the concerned authorities or he/she can authorize either his/her father or mother to attend the VITEEE counselling with proper proof of authorization.
- Registration will begin as per the reporting time, also the counselling will begin soon after the registration
- Candidates who will reach after the reporting time will be allowed to participate on the next day of counselling.
- Candidates who do not possess their marks statement for the qualifying examination will be required to furnish an undertaking, stating that he/she will forfeit the seat allotted in case he/she fails to qualify as per the stated eligibility norms.
- Candidates attending the VITEEE counselling, should be certain about joining the branch which they desire to join, before proceeding to make payment of the fee as the University will not entertain any changes thereafter. After the counselling session for a particular day is over, the University will publish the number of seats that are still available for allotment on its website and on the notice board of the University, respectively.
Fee payment for VITEEE:
- Candidates should pay the balance fee along with the required documents. Applicants have to pay the fee of Rs. 30,000 for appearing in counselling in form of a crossed DD (Computerised) drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
- Fee will be non-refundable and will be adjusted in the tuition fees once candidate will join the VIT University.
- VITEEE Application Form Number, Name, Mobile Number must be mentioned on the back of the Demand Draft
- Candidates seeking Hostel Accommodation should bring a separate DD for Rs. 21,000, again drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
- Candidates who will choose Chennai campus in counselling can pay their fee only by the Demand Draft.
- Candidates who will choose Vellore campus have following options to pay their fee by Demand Draft or Online mode: Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card.
VITEEE Multicity Counselling
The counselling of VITEEE 2016 for B.Tech programmes will be conducted simultaneously at both, Chennai and Vellore campuses. VITEEE counselling shortlisted candidates can opt to appear for seat allotment at either of the campuses. First preference for choosing branch and campus will be provide to the candidate with a higher merit rank example, the second rank holder will be allowed to exercise his/her choice of the branch/campus only after the first rank holder has exercised his/her choice, irrespective of them attending the VITEEE counselling from Chennai or Vellore campus. To ensure that this common procedure is followed in both the campuses of the University, the video conferencing mode will also be facilitated.
VITEEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria VITEEE 2016 Exam Pattern VITEEE 2016 Exam Official Dates and Notification VITEEE 2016 Courses Offered VITEEE 2016 Application Form VITEEE 2016 Exam Centers VITEEE 2016 Admit Card VITEEE 2016 Slot Booking VITEEE 2016 Result VITEEE 2016 Fee Structure How to fill VITEEE 2016 Application Form Online VITEEE 2016 Answer Keys VITEEE 2016 Exam Analysis