Thapar University Foreign National/NRI candidates:
15% over and above seats in each discipline are reserved for the FN/NRI candidates. Such candidates are not required to appear in the Entrance Test.
Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science.
‘NRI’ candidates are those who have passed the qualifying examination as mentioned in the eligibility from abroad. They are required to produce Passport at the time of admission.
Note: Candidates seeking admission under ‘wards of person working in Gulf’ must have passed 10+2 from Gulf.
‘FN’ candidates are those who are citizen of a country other than India. Persons of Indian origin (PIO) and wards of persons working in Gulf and South Asia also come under this category. 5% seats are reserved for wards of person working in Gulf and South Asia. All FN candidates are required to deposit their endorsed student visa to TU. The VISA should be valid for the prescribed duration of the program.
In addition to above,
1. The candidate must have passed the qualifying exam on or before the last date of registration.
2. The admission will be made on the merit of the aggregate marks in the qualifying exam. In case of a tie, the candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
3. Candidates must bring following documents at the time of admission:
Copy of the application form
DMC of qualifying exam
Date of birth certificate(Matriculation)
Demand Draft of fee in favour of the Thapar University, payable at Patiala.
The original passport & photocopies of pages containing personal Information and Visa.
Documentary proof showing the location of school/Institute where student is currently doing the qualifying exam.
Transcript of the qualifying exam, if passed from Universities/Boards other than Indian.
4. The candidates seeking admission under this category having foreign qualification shall be required to furnish equivalence certificate of qualifying examination from AIU located in AIU House, 16 Kotla Marg, New Delhi, at the time of submission of completed application form.
5. Provisional admission shall be made on payment of US $ 100 or Rs 5500/- (Non-Refundable) vide Demand Draft in favour of the Thapar University, payable at Patiala. The admission will be regularized on the fulfillment of the conditions mentioned in the Prospectus and payment of full fee at the time of admission.
6. Provisional admission can be regularized on any working day before the start of session i.e before July 22, 2013. However, with the permission of Chairman Admission Committee, admission can be done after July 22, 2013 but in no case later than the last date of registration.