Sastra University Admissions 2011,Application Procedure and Important Dates

Sastra University offers various undergraduate and post graduate courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management and Arts besides various Doctoral programmes and has state-of-the-art laboratories, a well stocked library and one of the best computing facilities. With an ideal teacher-taught ratio, we strive for academic excellence through personalized attention. The mechanism established to support and monitor the student’s progress assure success and satisfaction.

Courses Offered by SASTRA University 2011:

  • Bio-engineering
  • Bio-informatics
  • Bio-technology
  • Civil Engineering
  • Chemical Eng
  • Computer Science & Engineering
  • Electrical & Electronics Engineeering
  • Electronics & Communication Engineering
  • Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
  • Information & Communication Technology
  • Information Technology
  • Mechanical Engineeering
  • Mechatronics
  • 5-Year Integrated M.Tech Programmes
  • Dual Degree (B.Tech & M.Tech) will be awarded

Eligibility Criteria for SASTRA University 2011 :

  • A pass in the +2 examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects with either Chemistry / Bio-Technology /Computer Science / Biology and recognized by any State Board / Central Board or any other accepted by SASTRA as equivalent to 10+2 examination, with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology obtained in a single sitting. This eligibility criteria is prescribed by AICTE for all Engineering programmes in India. A student without Maths or Physics in +2 will not be considered for admission to B.Tech. programmes.
  • Students with diploma in Engineering / Technology are eligible for direct admission to the second year of the relevant B.Tech.
  • Programme Age limit: Cannot be more than 19 years as on July 1, 2011


Mode Of Admission

Admission to 70 % seats in B.Tech programmes will be based on qualifying examination marks(+2). Remaining 30 % seats will be filled by SASTRA based onAIEEE 2011 ranks*.

* For AIEEE mode, please appy after AIEEE 2011 results are declared.

Availability of Application Form for SASTRA University 2011 :

Application form along with the prospectus may be obtained in person from SASTRA Campus(Thanjavur & Kumbakonam ) or at:
No. 9/19,
Karnan Street,
Chennai – 600 024 (Opp. to Samiyar Madam),

on payment of Rs. 600 or by post on payment of Rs. 650 by Demand Draft favouring “SASTRA” payable at Thanjavur
Sastra University Application Forms can also be downloaded from & also available at select branches of IOB and City Union Bank. (Details at


Important Dates:

Event Date
Application forms will be available from 6th April, 2011
Last Date for receipt of completed Application forms 12th June, 2011(6:00 pm)
Release of Rank- List for B.Tech 12th June, 2011(9:00 pm)
Counseling for Admission to B.Tech. 20th June, 2011 to 23rd June, 2011
Classes for Ist Year B.Tech 6th July, 2011

Tuition Fees:

For all B. Tech. Programmes

Tuition Fees 40,000 per semester
Development Fees 10,000 (one-time during admission)
Other fees 7,000 (one-time during admission)
(Personality Development, Sports, Unit Tests, Marks verification, Medical
Test, ID Card, etc.)

Contact Details:

Office of Admissions
SASTRA University
Thanjavur – 613 401
Phone: 91 4362 264101-108, 304000-010

Phone No : 044 – 64563975.


  1. Sir,am vineetha,my aieee rank is 117134. is it possible to get any seat in sastra ?
    please reply soon…..

  2. sir my all india rank[aieee] over all is 111068,under bc-b rank is 28868 is it possible to get seat in sastra?please reply soon to my email id,my cell no. is 9701374591 ..

  3. sir, i am a matric student. and my cut off for engg. is 160.75. is there is any possiblity of getting a seat in sastra college, tanjavore?.. please reply me soon.. to my mail id:

  4. my engineering cut off mark is 173.5 and my total mark is 974 out of 1200. whether i can get engg seat in sastra university,thanjavur
    my mobile number is 9043602995. please reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *