Punjab Technical University has released guidelines for B.E./B.Tech. admissions through PTU 2014 for session 2014-15. All the students aspiring to pursue engineering courses have to complete their respective degree as per the following procedure.
- Students will be directly admitted to courses in January on the vacant sanctioned seats. A separate batch of these students will continue till the completion of course from January 2014.
- Total number of contact hours and teaching scheme shall remain the same as of PTU 2014 July/August admissions.
- PTU will issue the degree after completion of minimum time period.
- Exams for January students will be arranged in accordance to regular semester exams.
- PTU 2014 Admission process will continue from the decided date till 15 days after second semester starts.
- Students who have already completed 1st semester from any recognized university will be directly admitted to PTU 2014 provided that the curriculum matches at the minimum level as prescribed.
- These students will continue regular 2nd semester from July 2014 onwards.
Special note to PTU 2014 B.Tech. course
Students admitted in 2nd semester during January 2014 session will complete 2nd semester first. Hence, these students in the 2nd semester will attend the classes with existing batches. These students may also complete their 1st semester along with students of immediate lower batch. A distinct batch will start for the students admitted during January from 3rd semester onward to complete their degree in the minimum prescribed time duration.