The notifications for NSIT 2013 Admissions have been released and the official portal of counselling for admission in Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology has been made LIVE. As per the latest notification released, the admissions will be done on the basis of final Merit List prepared by CBSE on the basis of JEE Main 2013 Score and Class 12th score. The merit list for NSIT 2013 Admissions will be generated after giving 60% consideration to JEE Score and 40% to that of Class 12th Score.
The official portal for Admissions in NSIT is: www.nsit.nic.in and all the admission activities and announcements will be done HERE only. All the candidates are advised to stay in constant touch with it in order to be updated on latest news and notifications on NSIT 2013 Admissions.
Eligibility Criteria for Admissions:
- Candidate must have appeared in JEE Main and must have been placed in CBSE Merit list which will be prepared on the basis of JEE Main and normalized Class 12th Score.
- Candidate must have secured at least 60% aggregate of marks in subjects of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics to be eligible for NSIT 2013 Admissions.
- The qualifying exam can be: SSC, ICSE, CBSE Class XII or its equivalent exam recognized by University of Delhi.
- Students who are taking the qualifying examination in 2013 and have a compartment shall not be eligible for 2013 – 14 admissions.
- There will be no direct admission in Second Semester of any course as per the norms of NSIT 2013 Admission.
- After the commencement of second semester, NO candidate will be allowed to change the course, even if there are some seats left vacant in any course.
- No Admissions in NSIT 2013 will be done after 30th of July, 2013 except the ones done against vacancies which will also be done till 15th of August, 2013.
Relaxation in marks of qualifying exam for different categories:
- The SC and ST candidates are just required to have a PASS in qualifying exam.
- The minimum aggregate marks for OBC candidates are 54% to be eligible for NSIT 2013 Admissions.
- Defence category and Physically Challenged candidates must have 57% aggregate marks.
There is no lower limit on age of candidate to be eligible for admissions in NSIT 2013.
Reservation of Seats:
- Scheduled Castes: 15%
- Scheduled Tribes: 7.5%
- OBC (NCL): 27%
- Defence: 5%
- Physically Challenged: 3% (1% each for candidates with low vision, hearing impairment and Loco motor disabilities.)
- ONE seat will be reserved in the NSIT 2013 Admissions for the candidates of Kashmiri Migrant category. To know about reservation in more detail, refer to admission brochure.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission:
- DD of Counseling Fee drawn in favor of “Director, NSIT, New Delhi” which is payable at Delhi.
- Receipt of fees of Counselling Rs. 1000/-
- Duly Attested Printout of Application Form will also be required at the time of NSIT 2013 Admissions.
- A printout of choices filled by candidates generated after closing of registration self – attested by the candidate.
- Attested and Original copy of both of Rank card and Admit card of JEE Main.
- Attested and Original Copy of both Passing Certificate and Mark Sheet of Qualifying Exam will also be required at time of NSIT 2013 Admissions.
- Class X certificate attested and Original copy as date of birth proof.
- Attested and original copy of Category/Caste certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate Original Copy (for all except PH category)
- Affidavit for Gap year must be submitted where applicable at the time of NSIT 2013 Admissions.
- Website opening and Submission of Counselling Fee: 10.06.2013
- Online Registration opening and choice filling: 12.06.2013
- Counselling Fee submission closing: 01.07.2013
- Online Registration and Choice Filling Closing: 03.07.2013
- Physical reporting and document submission by Defence and Kashmiri Migrants: 06.07.2013