Electronics Engineering is a very popular branch among IIT aspirants. If you have a penchant for designing, analysis and manufacturing of electronic devices, you should consider pursuing Electronics Engineering from IITs.
In 2013, out of 16 IITs, only 4 IITs and ISM, Dhanbad offered Electronics Engineering in India. Out of 9,867 seats, 464 were available for aspirants of Electronics Engineering last year. This accounts for around 4% of the total number of seats. What we can infer from this is that admission to Electronics Engineering in IITs can get very competitive.
Electronics Engineering Cutoffs in IITs and ISM Dhanbad
- 4 IITs that offered seats in electronics engineering in 2013 were IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, IIT Guwahati and IIT(BHU) Varanasi. Apart from these, ISM Dhanbad also offered seats for this branch.
- The graph suggests that 2 IITs offered more than 100 seats in electronics engineering. They were ISM Dhanbad (132 seats) and IIT Guwahati (115 seats).
- IIT Kharagpur offered the least number of electronics engineering seats last year i.e 62.
Opening & Closing Ranks of Electronics Engineering In IITs & ISM Dhanbad
As per rankings, in 2013 the cut offs for admission into electronic engineering from IITs closed at 5,634.
The chart below brings you last year’s opening and closing rank for Electronics Engineering in various IITs and ISM Dhanbad. This gives you clarity on your chances of getting this branch across IITs based on your actual or expected rank in JEE Advance 2014.
- In 2013, top scorers preferred IIT Kharagpur for studying Electronics Engineering.
- As per last year’s cutoff list, the closing rank of Electronics Engineering was the lowest at ISM, Dhanbad.
- Other IITs for Electronics Engineering include IIT Roorkee, IIT Guwahati and IIT (BHU) Varanasi.