The Cochin University of Science and Technology conducts the exam CUSAT for the selection of the candidates in undergraduate engineering courses offered by the University.
It will be held on 30th April 2016 in two sessions, from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The admit card has been released for the exam and the candidates may download it from the link.
CUSAT 2016 Important Dates
The important dates of CUSAT 2016 are given below:
|Schedule for online registration||20 to 15 February 2016 (without late fee)
16 to 22 February 2016 (with late fee)
|Schedule to remit application fee||22 January to 29 February 2016|
|Registration for international candidates started on||20 January 2016|
|Registration for international candidates closes on||30 April 2016|
|Issuance of admit card starts from||19 April 2016|
|CUSAT CAT 2016 will be held on||30 April 2016|
CUSAT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria must be satisfied before filling the application form of CUSAT 2016. Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below-
• Candidate must be qualified in class XII from Kerala or any other state with a fixed minimum percentage.
• As per CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2016, they should have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in English in class X and XII for B.Tech course.
• Diploma holder candidates are not eligible for B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course.
CUSAT 2016 Application Form
For submission of the application form, candidates are required to register by clicking on the “New Registration” and entering the Name, Date of Birth, Age, E-mail ID, Mobile Number, course, User Name, Security Question and Answer. After registration, candidates will be able to fill the application form and submit details in it.
CUSAT 2016 Admit Card
• Cochin University released the CUSAT 2016 admit card on 19 April 2016.
• Candidates can download it till the commencement of the examination.
• Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to write the examination.
• Admit card will not be delivered to them at their postal address.
• To download it, submit the username and the password in the required space.
• Candidates must secure it properly till the counselling.
The exam pattern of CUSAT 2016 is as below:
• There are a total 250 questions in the exam.
• Questions would cover class XI and XII syllabus.
• Subjects included in the question paper are Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
• The distribution of questions is as mentioned- 125 questions from Maths, 75 from Physics and 25 from Chemistry.
• The questions asked in the exam will be of objective type/MCQs.
• Candidates have to mark one correct option from the given 4 options.
• Duration of the exam is 3 hours.
• Marks will be calculated using the formula R= +3,W= -1, where R is the right answer and W is the wrong answer.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks achieved by them in the CUSAT 2016.They will be assigned a rank accordingly. A merit list will be formed and counselling will be carried out.
CUSAT 2016 Result
The result of CUSAT CAT 2016 will be released in May 2016. It will be hosted only on the official website. The conducting body will not post or e-mail it to the candidates.
Candidates could check their result by accessing the link above and by submitting the CUSAT Roll Number, in the required space. The scores, as well as the rank, of the candidates, will be disclosed with the result.
CUSAT 2016 Counselling
The counselling will be held for the candidates. The candidates are required to register online, for the counselling. Registration can only be done through the login portal, link to which will be available at the time of the counselling. Registered candidates will be allocated seat according to their rank and availability of it.
For further details, you can comment below.