Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences or better called as BITS conducts an entrance examination BITSAT 2011 This year for admission to various degree programs.The examination is conducted online and the procedure to apply for the examination is given below. The entrance examination BITSAT 2011 grants admission to the Goa, Pilani and Hyderabad campuses of Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences, one of the esteemed institutes in India.
To appear in BITSAT 2011 candidates should fulfill the following criteria:
For admission to any of the Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS the
- Candidate should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination, at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English. However,
- Admissions will be made only on his/her merit position based on the score obtained in BITSAT 2011.Only Students who are appearing for 12th class examination in 2011 or who have passed the 12th class examination in 2010 are Eligible to appear for BITSAT 2011.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who have passed 12th examination in 2009 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT 2011. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2011.
Expected Date of Exam:
BITSAT 2011 Online tests: 11th May – 10th June 2011
Colleges Under Exam:
- BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus
- BITS, Pilani – Goa Campus
- BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus