It’s been a while since AIEEE examination is over and you all must be eagerly waiting for results. Don’t you?
At the same time most of you must be planning and thinking about how to fill choices in AIEEE Online Counseling, what should be the sequence of choices and all. It’s nice if you devote some time and thoughts to aforesaid points, as your whole career is going to depend on it. So it becomes a task worth giving some quality time. So we thought it’s better to provide you with some tips and points which might help you while undertaking your counseling and may help in reducing some stress and eventually make this crucial task easier. So here we go:
- Whenever you are sitting for filling up choices at the online portal, make yourself pretty comfortable. Leave all the stress and garbage thoughts outside the login window itself.
- While filling the choices, always give preference to branch rather than college. It doesn’t mean that if you are interested in a particular branch say Computer Science, you started selecting all the colleges from A-Z having CSE branch in it. Don’t do it..!! In such case select only top 10 colleges of your preference and select the CSE branch in it. Then choose your next preferred branch and select colleges in the same fashion as done before. This will increase your chances of getting your branch in a good college according to your branch and college preference.
- Don’t select those colleges in which you don’t want to go at all. Some students think that selecting all the colleges increases their chances of getting a college of their choice, but it’s a wrong assumption. It only increases complications and may also lead you in an allotment which you never wanted when you could have got a better option.
- Refer opening and closing rank of previous year and make decisions accordingly. You can check it here.
- Try to contact a person who is currently studying in the respective college or your mentor. You can opt for Eduarena Personal Mentorship package here.
- There are many colleges which might not be listed on AIEEE counseling portal but accept admissions through AIEEE AIR. Some of these colleges with their required AIR for admission are:
- Birla Institute of Technology-Deoghar(BITD) (AIR<30,000)
- Birla Institute of Technology-Patna, (AIR <30,000)
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (AIR<35,000)
- Manipal Institute of Tehnology (MIT) (AIR<30,000)
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information Technology(AIR<9,000)
- Laxmi Nivas Mittal Institute of Information Technology (LNMIIT) (AIR<11,000)
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (AIR<9,000)
- Punjab Engineering College(AIR<6,000)
- Indraprastha University, Delhi (AIR<20,000)
- Nirma Institute of Technology (NIT) (AIR<15000)
The required AIRs mentioned are based on previous year’s intakes. Check out the websites of concerned institutes for admission procedures and other relevant details.
Lastly always stay calm and composed while filling online choices. Take your time and make your choices wisely. Finally its you only who knows better about your interest and the branch which suits you most. Never take risks and avoid being over confident. There are always options available for you. It doesn’t matter if your rank is not good or you were not able to get a college or a branch of your choice. Don’t lose hope. There are many exceptionally good colleges available across India in cities in cities like Delhi, Bangalore, and Pune etc. Go for them and do your best. You will surely achieve your dream. All the best and have a happy engineering life ahead..!!
Article written by Sameer Bhalerao, Student at Birla Institute of Technology Mesra- Deoghar Campus.