Sastra University offers various undergraduate and post graduate courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management and Arts besides various Doctoral programmes and has state-of-the-art laboratories, a well stocked library and one of the best computing facilities. With an ideal teacher-taught ratio, we strive for academic excellence through personalized attention. The mechanism established to support and monitor the student’s progress assure success and satisfaction.
Courses Offered by SASTRA University 2011:
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Eng
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineeering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information & Communication Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineeering
- 5-Year Integrated M.Tech Programmes
- Dual Degree (B.Tech & M.Tech) will be awarded
- A pass in the +2 examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects with either Chemistry / Bio-Technology /Computer Science / Biology and recognized by any State Board / Central Board or any other accepted by SASTRA as equivalent to 10+2 examination, with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology obtained in a single sitting. This eligibility criteria is prescribed by AICTE for all Engineering programmes in India. A student without Maths or Physics in +2 will not be considered for admission to B.Tech. programmes.
- Students with diploma in Engineering / Technology are eligible for direct admission to the second year of the relevant B.Tech.
- Programme Age limit: Cannot be more than 19 years as on July 1, 2011
Mode Of Admission
Admission to 70 % seats in B.Tech programmes will be based on qualifying examination marks(+2). Remaining 30 % seats will be filled by SASTRA based onAIEEE 2011 ranks*.
* For AIEEE mode, please appy after AIEEE 2011 results are declared.
Application form along with the prospectus may be obtained in person from SASTRA Campus(Thanjavur & Kumbakonam ) or at:
Chennai – 600 024 (Opp. to Samiyar Madam),
on payment of Rs. 600 or by post on payment of Rs. 650 by Demand Draft favouring “SASTRA” payable at Thanjavur
Sastra University Application Forms can also be downloaded from www.sastra.edu & also available at select branches of IOB and City Union Bank. (Details at www.sastra.edu)
|Application forms will be available from||6th April, 2011|
|Last Date for receipt of completed Application forms||12th June, 2011(6:00 pm)|
|Release of Rank- List for B.Tech||12th June, 2011(9:00 pm)|
|Counseling for Admission to B.Tech.||20th June, 2011 to 23rd June, 2011|
|Classes for Ist Year B.Tech||6th July, 2011|
For all B. Tech. Programmes
|Tuition Fees||40,000 per semester|
|Development Fees||10,000 (one-time during admission)|
|Other fees||7,000 (one-time during admission)
(Personality Development, Sports, Unit Tests, Marks verification, Medical
Test, ID Card, etc.)
Office of Admissions
Thanjavur – 613 401
Phone: 91 4362 264101-108, 304000-010
Website : www.sastra.edu
Phone No : 044 – 64563975.