CUSAT 2011 Common Admission Test for Cochin University of Science and Technology
CUSAT is a premier Science and Technology University of the country. While striving to live up to the expectations of the society, the University has made quantum leaps in its academic pursuits and has spread its wings far and wide to encompass new and emerging frontiers across the academic horizon.
CUSAT is academically structured into 9 faculties: Engineering, Environmental Studies, Humanities, Law, Marine Sciences, Medical Sciences & Technology, Science, Social Sciences and Technology.
Number of Seats
The total seats for B.Tech (Self-Financing) programme 50% are free seats, 40% are payment seats and 10% are NRI payment seats. The Free seats are earmarked for Keralite students. For B.Tech in Naval Architecture & Ship Building, Instrumentation and Polymer Science & Engineering 10% of the seats are reserved for students on all India basis (All India Quota) and the remaining seats for Keralites. For all regular Post-Graduate programmes including subsidised Post-Graduate programmes like M.C.A, M.B.A (International Business), M.B.A (Travel & Tourism) and 5 year Integrated MSc in Photonics programme 10% of the seats are set apart for students on all India basis (All India Quota) and the remaining for Keralites. For Post-Graduate programmes under Self-Financing sector 50% of the seats are given for Keralites, 10% for NRI’s and the remaining 40 % open to all.
Test Pattern for CUSAT CAT 2011
The Test comprises two papers:
a.) Mathematics (Test Code 101)
b.) Physics and Chemistry (Test Code 101)
- Each of these papers consists of 125 objective type questions.
- Physics and Chemistry (plus two level) paper maintains a ratio of 3:2.
- All candidates applying for any of the following first degree programmes in Engineering & Technology have to necessarily
take both the papers of the Test Code 101.
Marks and Scoring
- The CAT score will be calculated as per the formula, S = 3R – 1W, where S is the CAT score, R is the number of right answers and W is the number of wrong answers.
- Negative marks will be given for each wrong answer. In case of a tie, the existing Universtiy norms will be followed.
Application Procedure for CUSAT CAT 2011
- The Chalan form (in triplicate) downloaded from the website www.cusat.nic.in after online registration can be used to remit the application fee at the bank.
- The fee can be remitted at any branch of State Bank of India OR State bank of Travancore.
- The student’s copy as well as the University copy of the chalan form with the journal no written on it will be returned to the candidate by the bank as proof of remittance.
- The University copy of the fee paid chalan should be attached along with the duly filled confirmation page.
- Other mode of payments such as Demand Drafts, cheques, money order etc will not be accepted.
For Offline applications
The required fee should be paid by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, CUSAT payable at Ernakulam.
For International Candidates
The required fee should be paid by way of Demand Draft / Pay order
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR CUSAT CAT 2011
- Register Online – Indian & NRI Candidates (Other than Lateral Entry)
- Register Online – International Candidates
- Register Online – B.Tech Lateral Entry Candidates
- Print Duplicate Chalan,Checklist & Confirmation Page
Important Dates for CUSAT CAT 2011
|1||Date of CAT 2011 Exam||2nd April 2011|
|2||Date of commencement of online registration for CAT 2011||15th January 2011|
|3||Last date for online registration for CAT||4th February2011|
|4||Last date for remittance of registration fee at the bank counter||7th February 2011|
|5||Last date for receipt of duly filled confirmation page (downloaded after online registration) along with University copy of the chalan and passport size photograph and self attested copies of certificates to prove reservations claimed, if any, by hand / speed post /registered post / courier in the Office of THE DIRECTOR, IRAA UNIT, COCHIN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY (CUSAT), KOCHI – 682022.||10th February 2011|
|6||Date of Downloading the Admit Card from the University website||15th March to 3rd April 2011|