B.TECH ADMISSION 2010 – COUNSELLING SCHEDULE
Counselling for B.Tech Admissions at the three campuses of Amrita Vishwa
Vidyapeetham commences on Monday, 07th June 2010, as per the following schedule.
AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
Amritapuri, Clappana (P.O),
Kollam – 690 525, Kerala.
Ph : 0476 – 2809400 / 9402
Fax : 0476 – 2896178
Kasavanahalli, Carmelaram (P.O),
Bengaluru – 560 035, Karnataka.
Ph: 080 – 28439565 / 66
Fax : 080 – 28440092
Coimbatore – 641 105,
Ph: 0422 – 2685000
Fax : 0422 – 2656274
GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDING COUNSELLING
1. Candidates can appear for counselling in any one of the campuses listed above .
2. Counselling call letter is sent, and seat allotment is made based on the rank
scored by the candidate in Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering 2010
3. Seat allocation to eligible candidates is as per rank, preference of the candidate and availability of seat when their turn comes. University will not be responsible for any inconvenience caused to the candidates in this process.
4. Candidates are required to attend the counselling along with Parent / Guardian
at their own expense at the venue on the date and time mentioned in the call
5. Candidates shall be present at the venue 30 minutes before the time of
counselling with the call letter.
Candidates shall submit all the ORIGINAL documents and demand draft as listed below. Those who fail to do so will not be permitted to attend the Counselling.
After seat allotment to a candidate, his / her certificates will be retained by the University. (Candidates are advised to take and preserve enough number of Photostat copies before submitting the original documents).
(i) 10th Class Marks Statement
(ii) HSC / Plus 2 Marks Statement (Candidates awaiting +2/ HSC results should bring their +2 hall ticket)
(iii) Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering 2010 Hall ticket
(iv) Community certificate in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST
(v) Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended
(vi) Demand Draft for Rs.30,000/- drawn in favour of “AMRITA SCHOOL OF
ENGINEERING” payable at COIMBATORE towards part payment of Tuition
Important: If any certificate is in a language other than English, an English version certified by a Notary Public should be attached.
CONDITIONS FOR ATTENDING THE COUNSELLING
1. As stated in the Information Hand Book, the candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% marks separately in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in the qualifying examination and the age of the candidate should not exceed 21 years as on 01st July, 2010.
2. Seat allocation will be made under “State Quota “ and “ Other State Quota “ as per the rules of the University.
3. Rank of the candidate in the Amrita Entrance Examination- Engineering 2010 is the criterion for counselling. If there is any discrepancy between the rank printed in this call letter and that displayed in the web site, please contact the Admission Coordinator immediately for correction. ( Ph: 0422 – 2685169 / 170 ).
4. Due to any unforeseen health reasons, if a candidate is unable to appear for
counselling, parent / guardian of the candidate can attend the counselling on his / her behalf, at the date, time and venue with valid medical certificate and authorization from the candidate to this effect. Any decision of choice on branch made by the authorized parent / guardian will be binding on the candidate and cannot be altered subsequently.
5. Provisional admission of a candidate will be confirmed only on payment of the balance tuition and other fees on or before 30th June 2010. Candidate shall also comply with the other requirements given in the Provisional Admission Order. If the candidate does not remit the balance of fees by the stipulated date and does not fulfill the other requirements, his / her Seat Allotment made during the counselling session shall stand cancelled.
For more details read